Critical Reasons To Hire An H1B Visa Lawyer To Maintain Residency

Posted on: 5 February 2021


The visa that you were issued when you came to this country allowed you to work and live here under special circumstances. You must abide by its terms carefully to avoid the risk of being deported.

To ensure that you can remain in the country, you need to know what the laws regarding it are and what is expected of you as a visitor to this country. You can abide by them fully by hiring an H1B visa lawyer to represent you.

Knowing the Terms of Your Visa

When you hire an H1B visa lawyer, you can find out under what terms that your visa has been issued. It may allow you to work in certain professions, such as the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry. It may not allow you, however, to not maintain a full-time professional job or go to school while you are in the country.

If you want to pursue other occupations or activities while you are here in the country, you need to know if your visa will allow it. You can consult with your H1B visa lawyer to discover what pursuits you are allowed to undertake according to its terms.

Changing the Terms of Your Visa

If you want to go to to school or not work a full-time job in the chosen industry as stipulated in the visa, you need to have its terms changed. You may need to apply for a student visa, for example, if you want to go to school. Likewise, you may need to seek family sponsorship if you want to quit your job and instead be a full-time homemaker or stay-at-home parent.

Your H1B visa lawyer can represent you when you apply for a change in your visa terms. He or she can apply for a new visa for you. Your attorney can make sure that the new visa allows you to live under the terms that you prefer and to avoid running afoul of immigration authorities. You can remain in the country without the fear of being deported.

An H1B visa lawyer offers critical services to immigrants like you. He or she can make sure that you are living and working under the terms of the visa issued to you when you first came to the country. Your attorney can also assist you in applying for and securing a new visa if you want to quit your career.

To learn more, contact an H1B visa lawyer.