How To Obtain The K-1 Visa For Your Partner When Living In Different Countries

Posted on: 27 November 2018

Finding love online is nothing new for most people. In fact, starting a relationship after getting to know a person on social media or other types of online platforms is becoming more common than it has ever been in the past. Even if you never initially expected to fall in love with someone who lives outside the country, it is something that may have happened over time. There is a good chance that you have spent hundreds of hours speaking on the phone, talking via webcam, and having conversations through text message with your partner who lives in another country.
[Read More]

Faqs About Voluntary Deportation

Posted on: 15 February 2016

When it is determined that you do not have a legal right to remain in the United States, you must be deported. Contrary to popular belief, not all non-citizens are involuntarily deported. You can opt to leave the country voluntarily, which could prove beneficial to you in the long run. If you have been notified you must leave the country, here is what you need to know.  What Is Voluntary Deportation?
[Read More]

Immigration & Divorce: 3 Questions Answered

Posted on: 22 June 2015

The road towards naturalization is long and full of hurdles. If you've worked hard to become a naturalized citizen (or are currently working towards this goal), but are in the process of divorcing your U.S.-born spouse, you may wonder what this can mean for your citizenship status. Below are answers to three of the most troublesome questions you may have. Question #1: If I Have a Green Card but am Not Yet Naturalized, Can I Be Deported?
[Read More]

Hiring Alien Workers Is Easier When Collaborating With An Immigration Lawyer

Posted on: 24 April 2015

Hiring foreigners has become a real challenge after the latest financial crisis, as the federal government tries to make sure that only U.S. citizens and permanent residents have access to American jobs. Yet, U.S. employers have been complaining about the lack of domestic workers for positions requiring qualifications that few Americans possess, such as in maths or IT. This is why these entities are turning to foreign labor. If you're a business owner and have one or more alien workers that you want to sponsor, then you must work with an attorney.
[Read More]